Training your dog to do basic commands is something that takes a minimal amount of time and brings you a lifetime of rewards. Training takes place every minute that your dog is awake from the moment you bring them home. You are teaching her what is acceptable and what is not, even when you are not in a training session.
- Training sessions should be short and fun. Stop if puppy is not interested or loses focus.
- Notice the treats your dog likes the most and save those for the more complex things you ask him to do.
- Watch the treats you use as much as the food that you give them. Click here for ideas on treats to use.
- Keep it fun. Make sure your tone of voice tells puppy that this is fun and exciting!
- Praise liberally for desired behaviors.
Command and Trick Training